Thursday 25 April 2013

HR 4.5 Fun Run!

 
 
First of all before I launch into my major excitement about my first race! Just a quick apology...I wanted to update my blog more regularly than I have been, but since I've been back at school with my blog for the first time I have found it hard to update when I want to. BUT do not fear Sarah is here to save the day... or in other words make a plan so I can fit it in with the joy that are exams hahaa. Anyway apology over with (I hope you forgive me :P) onto the HR4.5!
 
So last Wednesday (17/04/2013) I took part in our college's FUN RUN called the HR4.5 (very imaginatively named as our college is called Hills Road and it's 4.5K hahaa). Usually I'm not much of a runner in fact I always seem to be trying to get out of running but I thought it was time to experience a charity run :) I didn't do much training just a run here and there over Easter so I at least felt a little fitter hehee but I knew I definitely wouldn't be running the whole thing with the little time I had after I signed up. 
 
On the few days leading up to it I began to wonder why I signed up as I really didn't want to run in front of everyone or be shown just how unfit I was hahaa. But to my surprise I absolutely LOVED it! We began the run with a warm up in our college grounds which was really funny to see all the people in fancy dress attempt it :P and then it was race time! The more serious runners were at the front and shot off before I even had any idea the race had started. Then there was us the less serious more gentle joggers who were only running so we didn't look silly walking over the start line hahaa. As I got into the run I really surprised myself about how far I actually ran without stopping and it was so lovely to run along by the river. As it was my first run I didn't feel too much pressure to finish too quickly either ,which was good and meant I could walk with my friends at some points and just enjoy the experience for a bit :) Also the jelly baby at the halfway point from my economics teacher was much appreciated thanks :P
 
I finished the race in 38 minutes and 40 seconds placing 237 out of about 400 participants so definitely room for improvement next time as this run was mainly for the experience :)Overall I just really enjoyed myself and want to get my fitness up so I can run all the way next year! I also want to get involved with more runs like the race for life and others around the UK so let me know if you know of any runs around 5K that you love running!
 
For now though until my next race my number for the race (194) is stuck proudly on my wall!
 
Have you done any Charity runs?? If not I would totally recommend it even if you've never run in your life its just nice to  be part of it :)
 
Sarah
xxx
 
P.S. I don't own the photo featured it's thanks to a teacher along the way who was taking some photos...I just edited it a bit :)

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finishing time! I bet this was such an awesome experience :)

    Have a Terrific Thursday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you! It was such a fun experience not what I expected at all :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. i love running , it calms me down
    http://www.cocoamourr.com/
    (Makeup | Skincare| Etc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa I didn't understand before I ran why people enjoyed it ;) but now I can totally understand :D

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Great finishing time. My Dad's always been a runner, as is my bestfriend, who I promised I'd do a fun run with in September, but I'm so unfit. Haha. Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you :) and don't worry I am so unfit too but it's just so much fun to be a part of :) and if your bestfriend is a runner she will most likely be very good motivation :D

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow this is so cool! Well done on your finishing position! I love the idea of doing something like this but the reality is I can't even run to my car! X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehee thanks :) and well you've gotta start somewhere ;)

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. would definitely recommend them :D we need to get together a beauty blogger running team ahaaa ;)

      xxx

      Delete
  6. This is such a nice post, I really need to do a fun run, haven't done one is soo long! I love your blog too, the background is so pretty!
    -Rach
    www.tawnyfawns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh thank you so much it means a lot :) Good luck if you do one!

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations :D I'd never be able to do something like this xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you :) I'm sure you could! I didn't think I could but I loved it hehee

      xxx

      Delete
  8. how cute! :-) xx

    Have a great day hun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog you have :)



    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you :) I love the outfits on your page!

      xxx

      Delete
  10. congratulations! such a good thing to do for charity, and keeps you fit at the same time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa it's a double feel good activity ahaaa :P

      xxx

      Delete
  11. Congrats!!! I don't think I could run... but biking maybe :)
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never done one before, but well done for this! I recently really hurt my calves while running on a treadmill, so I don't think I'll be going faster than a walk for a while! ;)

    Really missing your posts - come back soon!

    http://iburntyourtoast.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete